Associated Engineering is a uniquely Canadian and award-winning consulting firm providing services in planning, engineering, environmental science, landscape architecture, project management, and asset management. Our goal is to build better communities by delivering sustainable solutions for our clients. This is achieved through our dedicated commitment to client satisfaction, technical excellence, and innovation and has resulted in national and international recognition, including twice receiving the highest award for Canadian Consulting Engineers, the Schreyer Award. Also, as a nine-time winner as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, we have proven our ongoing strong leadership, sound business planning, and sustained growth. We are passionate about building better communities through our work and our active contributions to our communities and charities.
WHY YOU SHOULD BE INTERESTED
We are currently searching for a Transportation Planning Engineer for our Vancouver office, who is a self-starter and will take ownership for his/her work with the support from engineers within the Transportation Division and across the company.
HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE TO OUR COMPANY
You will join a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team involved in the planning, design and development of roadway concepts, development of business cases, multiple accounts evaluations, traffic impact studies, road safety studies, active transportation studies, traffic management plans, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), signal timing design, and traffic micro and macro modeling to support infrastructure projects for provincial and municipal authorities, as well private developers.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
You should have the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized institution
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience working on and managing traffic engineering and transportation planning projects
- Capacity to independently undertake transportation planning and traffic engineering projects involving but not limited to traffic modelling, traffic impact assessments, signal design, safety assessments, development of traffic management plans, conceptual and functional facility planning and design
- Must be registered, or eligible to register, as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in the province of British Columbia
- A solid understanding of transportation software packages (e.g. HCS, Synchro, VISSIM, EMME, Vistro, SIDRA and others)
- Exposure to project management and budgeting, preparing technical and cost proposals, and understanding of QA/QC procedures is also desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with team members in a multi-disciplined environment
- Technical competence and strong attention to detail
HOW YOU’LL SHOWCASE YOUR FIT TO THE POSITION
If you have the right background and would like to join a Platinum Club Member of Canada’s Best Managed companies, please forward your resume to:
500-2889 East 12th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5M 4T5
Please include position title and location in the subject line if you are e-mailing your application. We thank all applicants, but will only contact those candidates selected for interviews.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com