Website Associated Engineering
We currently have an opening for a Transportation Planning Engineer, located in one of our BC offices (Kamloops, Kelowna, Victoria, or Vancouver). The successful candidate will join a dynamic, multidisciplinary team involved in transportation planning, traffic engineering, functional roadway plans, road safety studies, traffic impact studies, traffic management plans, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), signal planning and design, and traffic micro and macro modelling for provincial, municipal, commercial and industrial infrastructure projects. This position will provide you with autonomy as you will be required to complete tasks with minimal supervision. In this role you will work on important projects, collaborate with an experienced and talented team, and have the opportunity to make a valuable contribution to the company.
What you will bring to the table:
- Undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- 7+ years of relevant experience working on and managing traffic engineering and transportation planning projects.
- Registered, or eligible to register, as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in British Columbia.
- Capacity to independently undertake multi-modal transportation planning and traffic engineering projects involving but not limited to traffic modelling, traffic impact assessments, signal design, safety assessments, development of traffic management plans, and conceptual and functional facility planning and design.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Solid understanding of transportation software packages (e.g., HCS, Synchro, VISSIM, EMME, Vistro, SIDRA and others).
- Experience in project management and budgeting, quality management procedures, preparing technical and cost proposals, and developing client relationships.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, highly organized, and strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as to collaborate with team members in a multi-disciplined environment.
To apply for this job please visit ae.hua.hrsmart.com.