Website Alta Planning + Design
Creating Active, Healthy Communities
Summary + Overview
This position is responsible for contributing to the production of high-quality materials, reports and other deliverables in support of project objectives.
A general understanding of the field of non-motorized transportation, the ability to collaborate across discipline boundaries to support the delivery of solutions which meet client expectations is required in order to successfully meet the requirements of this position.
The essential priorities of this exempt, salaried position are to:
• Contribute to the production of high-quality reports and analyses.
• Produce high-quality, accurate and complete design drawings, cost estimates and other project deliverables.
• Assist Project Managers in the development of project deliverables.
Responsibilities + Tasks
Additional responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Contributing to the development of design plans and specifications, cost estimates and design details for construction documents.
• Supporting project objectives such as aligning trails and roadways and other design elements to meet appropriate AODA requirements.
• Creating photo-renderings, concept sketches, and construction drawings as required for projects.
• Assisting in the creation of project deliverables.
• Contributing to the design or redesign of roadways to follow complete street principles.
This position requires a combination of skills, experience and education including, but not limited to:
• Passion for active living and non-motorized transportation.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
• Three (3) or more years of experience as a Civil or Transportation Engineer in a consulting environment or public entity.
• Working knowledge and interest in the field of active, non-motorized transportation.
• In-depth understanding of street and trail design principles.
• General understanding of NACTO, MUTCDC, AODA, TAC GDG, OTM Book 18 and relevant provincial design requirements.
• General knowledge of the principles of site grading and general construction techniques.
• Working knowledge of engineering principles and techniques.
• Exhibits initiative and the ability to work with little supervision
• Ability to manage competing priorities and multiple simultaneous projects, if necessary
• Ability and willingness to travel.
• Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Exhibits accuracy, attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• General understanding of MS Excel, Word, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MicroStation, Synchro/SimTraffic or similar programs.
• Eligible for registration in a professional association in Ontario.
Preferred Skills + Certifications
There are a number of additional skills, experience and education that would be beneficial to this position including, but not limited to:
• Proficiency with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Microstation, Synchro/SimTraffic or similar programs
• Master;s degree in Civil Engineering, Urban Planning, or a related field of study.
• P.Eng. license or equivalent
Reporting + Management Structure
Reports to Engineering Associate or Principal.
There is no specific closing date. The posting will remain open until it is filled. Cover letters and resumes are not to be submitted to the Ottawa or Toronto office directly. Please use the company website.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.