- This event has passed.
ITE Toronto Section Breakfast Session
October 20, 2017 @ 7:30 am - 9:00 am
We are very excited to announce our third second Breakfast Session of 2017 taking place on Friday, October 20th:
- Presentation Title: Transformative Technologies, Transformative Plans: Reimagining Regional Transportation Plans in a New Mobility Era
- Presenter: Jason Neudorf, WSP Group
- Date: Friday, October 20th, 8:00AM (registration and networking begins at 7:30)
- Location: WSP Group Office – 2300 Yonge Street, 23rd Floor (visitor sign-in required)
- Fees: Free for ITE members, $5 for non-members. Light refreshments will be provided.
- Description: This presentation focusses on how municipalities can prepare for new mobility trends such as automated vehicles, electric vehicles and ridesharing. While there is a lot of uncertainty about future technologies and when they may be deployed, there are concrete actions that municipalities can take today to strategically position themselves for the future. The presentation explores the typical elements of a transportation master plan and suggests how each component can be adapted to realize the benefits and mitigate the risks of future technologies.
- About the Speaker: Jason is a Transportation Planner at WSP in Toronto. His work involves designing streets, developing transportation master plans and understanding trends in new mobility. Recent projects include the Bloor Street bike lanes, the Toronto Complete Streets Design Guide and the Oshawa Integrated Transportation Master Plan. He is passionate about making transportation safer, more sustainable and more equitable for all.
- Registration: Confirm your attendance at http://events.eventzilla.net/e/ite-breakfast-session–october-20th-2017-2138923757
We hope to see you there!