- This event has passed.
ITE Toronto: Multi-Modal Transportation Analysis – Panel Discussion
October 10, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm$5 – $20
As the transportation network in the GTA becomes increasingly congested, non-vehicular modes of transportation are becoming increasingly important for reasons of health, safety, public realm improvement and congestion reduction. As a result, multi-modal transportation analysis for new developments is becoming an increasingly central component of transportation impact studies in the urban context.
We invite you to join us on Wednesday October 10th, 2018, from 12.00pm-2.00pm for an interactive panel discussion on Multi-Modal Transportation Analysis.
The purpose of this interactive session will be to discuss key aspects of multi-modal analysis from a range of perspectives including review agencies, public realm designers, transportation consultants and technical analysis groups.
Our invited panel speakers, from a diverse range of backgrounds, will be invited to speak briefly on the topic from their unique perspective. Then we will delve into discussion on key topics both prepared and raised by the audience. The audience will be invited to participate in the discussion.
The panel will include:
· Vi Bui, York Region – Program Manager, Transportation Planning
· Matthew Davis, City of Toronto – Program Manager, Transportation Planning Policy and Modelling
· Mark Van Elsberg, City of Toronto – Project Manager, Pedestrian Projects
· Zibby Petch, IBI Group – Active Transportation Planner / Engineer
· Steve Krossey, BA Group – Principal
Topics of discussion may include:
· Core objectives of multi-modal analysis
· Key metrics and analysis tools
· The impact of multi-modal analysis on public realm design
· Experience with multi-modal analysis to-date
· Data collection requirements
· Relevant standards
· Impact on cost and timing of transportation studies
Lunch will be provided.
IBI Group – Ground Floor Multi-Purpose Room
55 St. Clair Street West, Toronto