ITE Atlantic Provinces Section – Spring Session
May 10, 2018
The ITE Atlantic Provinces Section Executive is pleased to provide information regarding the upcoming spring 2018 Meeting, to be held on Thursday, May 10th in Dartmouth – please save the date.
- The technical session will be held in partnership with the International Municipal Signals Association, Atlantic Section (IMSA) at the Hilton Doubletree in Dartmouth (101 Wyse Rd).
- Fee is $75 for the technical session which includes coffee breaks and a hot lunch. Cheque or cash only.
- We have secured a designated block of rooms at the rate of $149 / night (identify when booking that you are with the Institute of Transportation Engineers Atlantic Provinces Section). The hotel also offers a government employee rate (must show valid government employee ID) of $129 / night, and this would be outside the group block. Hotel contact: (902) 463-1100 or email@example.com
- In addition to the technical session, our partnership with IMSA will add a vendor tradeshow featuring various equipment manufacturers and service providers from the transportation industry. Also, DalTrac will have a poster session (see second page of the attached agenda).
- Following the success of the event during last year’s spring and fall sessions, a social event at a local pub on the evening before the Technical Session (Wednesday, May 9th). The social event, sponsored by EXP. will provide a fun and casual opportunity to network with colleagues prior to the Thursday session. Please join us at the Celtic Corner (69 Alderney Drive – Corner of Queen St. and Alderney Drive)
- Please find our full agenda attached. Thank you to those who volunteered to present.
- Thank you to our corporate sponsors: Halifax Harbour Bridges, Crandall Engineering Ltd., the Halifax Regional Municipality, and Nova Scotia Transportation & Infrastructure Renewal.
- We are also looking to see if there are any other ideas besides presentations that we may want to include as part of the agenda (e.g. panel discussion, interactive table discussions). If anyone has anything they would like to facilitate or any ideas you would like us to facilitate in the Fall 2018 we would be pleased to pursue it.
- Please follow the attached link to complete a short survey monkey so that the Executive can gather information on attendance for the technical session and social. https://www.surveymonkey.ca/r/SDKQSTF