ITE Atlantic Provinces Section – Spring Session 2018
The ITE Atlantic Provinces Section Executive are currently planning our upcoming spring 2018 Meeting, to be held on Thursday, May 10th in Dartmouth – please save the date.
- The technical session will be held in partnership with the International Municipal Signals Association, Atlantic Section (IMSA) at the Hilton Doubletree in Dartmouth (101 Wyse Rd).
- We have secured a designated block of rooms at the rate of $149 / night (identify when booking that you are with the Institute of Transportation Engineers Atlantic Provinces Section). The hotel also offers a government employee rate (must show valid government employee ID) of $129 / night, and this would be outside the group block. Hotel contact: (902) 463-1100 or email@example.com
- In addition to the technical session, our partnership with IMSA will add a vendor tradeshow featuring various equipment manufacturers and service providers from the transportation industry.
- Following the success of the event during last year’s spring and fall sessions, we are planning to once again host a social event at a local pub on the evening before the Technical Session (Wednesday, May 9th). The social event, sponsored by EXP. will provide a fun and casual opportunity to network with colleagues prior to the Thursday session. Please join us at the Celtic Corner (69 Alderney Drive – Corner of Queen St. and Alderney Drive)
- As always, we are looking for presenters for the technical session. Please start thinking about potential topics, and feel free to contact anyone on the Executive to express your interest in presenting.
- Corporate sponsorship opportunities are available. Please contact a member of the Executive to discuss sponsorship amounts and benefits.
- We are also looking to see if there are any other ideas besides presentations that we may want to include as part of the agenda (e.g. panel discussion, interactive table discussions). If anyone has anything they would like to facilitate or any ideas you would like us to facilitate we would be pleased to pursue it.
We will follow up soon with further details on the agenda. Please save the date and plan to join us. We look forward to seeing you in May.