CITE APPOINTEES TO TAC TOMSC,
EHRDC & RSSC
Application Deadline February 15, 2016
We are inviting applications to represent CITE on the Transportation Association of Canada (TAC) Traffic Operations and Management Standing Committee (TOMSC), Education and Human Resources Development Council (EHRDC), and Road Safety Standing Committee (RSSC). These appointments commence on March 13, 2016 and end on December 31, 2019 with the opportunity for two one-year extensions.
Further information on the Committees can be found:
• TOMSC: http://tac-atc.ca/en/councils-and-committees/chief-engineers-council/traffic-operations-and-management-standing-committee
• EHRDC: http://tac-atc.ca/en/councils-and-committees/education-and-human-resources-development-council
• RSSC: http://tac-atc.ca/en/councils-and-committees/chief-engineers-council/road-safety
Desirable candidates have had a significant number of years of experience in the transportation engineering profession. CITE members working for a road authority, in academia or in private practice are eligible to apply. Candidates must be members of TAC through their employer to be eligible.
APPOINTEES ARE EXPECTED TO
- Attend the twice-yearly meetings of the Committee.
- Participate on project committees.
- Finance all travel expenses and time costs required to attend meetings and participate on committees. CITE provides each appointee a travel subsidy of up to $1,000 annually
- Remain a CITE member in good standing throughout the appointment period
- Collaborate with the other CITE appointees to write an article for Transportation Talk following each meeting
If you are interested in any of these appointments, please complete a volunteer application form, which can be found at the link below, by Monday, February 15, 2016 to:
Jen Malzer, P.Eng.