The Manitoba Section holds monthly lunch meetings from September to June each year for transportation professionals in the province. Presentations are given by guest speakers on a variety of transportation related topics that are of interest to transportation professionals. These meetings provide an ideal opportunity to meet with fellow members of the profession and discuss current issues that are impacting transportation engineering in Manitoba and across Canada. Each luncheon is sponsored by a local company/organization involved with ITE.
- Winnipeg last hosted the CITE Annual General Meeting in 2012
- Jeannette Montufar, former President of the ITE Manitoba Section, is also a former President of CITE
- The University of Manitoba ITE Student Chapter was awarded the Student Chapter Activities Award 7 times since 2004
- Professor Alan Clayton of the University of Manitoba was presented with the ITE Wilbur S. Smith Distinguished Transportation Educator Award in 2005 and the CITE H. Robert Burton Distinguished Service Award in 2008
- Mr. Harry Burns (formerly of the City of Winnipeg) was presented with the CITE H. Robert Burton Distinguished Service Award in 2004
- The Manitoba Section was awarded the inaugural Section Activity Delta Award in 2011
- The Manitoba Section was awarded the Section Activity Award for 2012
|Area Served:||Province of Manitoba|
|Elections:||Every two years|
|Student Chapter(s):||University of Manitoba|
|Latest Annual Report:|
|Vice President:||Rebecca Peterniak|
|Past President:||Jennifer Chapman|
Want to update this page or add an event for this Section? Contact us.