The purpose and mission of CITE…
is to enable transportation and traffic engineers, transportation planners, technologists and other professionals with knowledge and competence in transportation and traffic engineering to contribute individually and collectively towards meeting needs for mobility and safety within Canada.
As part of our role in ITE, CITE contributes the Canadian perspective and experience to broaden the expertise of members worldwide.
Our mission will be accomplished by:
- Promoting professional development of members;
- Supporting and encouraging education and ongoing training;
- Stimulation of research and undertaking selected technical projects;
- Development of public awareness of transportation’s role in society, the environment and the economy;
- Exchange of professional information; and by
- Maintaining a central point of reference and pro-active action.