Election for District Director
The Canadian Institute of Transportation Engineers (CITE) is seeking nominations of qualified candidates for the position of District Director. The successful candidate will represent the Canadian District on the ITE International Board of Direction and serve as a member of the CITE Executive Committee for a three-year term commencing January 1, 2019. Further information about the duties and responsibilities of the position is available at www.cite7.org/about-cite/governance/executive/director/
Individuals interested in serving in this volunteer role must be ITE members in good standing and able to commit the time necessary to carry out the duties of the office. Reasonable travel expenses to attend meetings on CITE and ITE business will be reimbursed.
Nominations for the District Director position will be accepted until 11:59 PM PDT on Tuesday, April 3, 2018 by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions must include:
- A nomination letter signed by the nominee and two other ITE members in good standing
- A high-quality digital photograph of the nominee, and
- A 500-word (maximum) campaign statement outlining the nominee’s:
- Education, work experience and other relevant qualifications (e.g. professional registrations)
- Past ITE/CITE service, including elected positions held (if any)
- Aspirations, ideas and proposals for the position if elected
Nominees will be informed of their acceptance prior to the opening of voting.
Online balloting will open on April 6, 2018. The name of each eligible candidate will be listed in alphabetical order on the ballot. The campaign statements and photos received from the candidates will be included in the election ballot notification e-mail sent to each eligible ITE voting member. The statements will also be posted on the CITE website and published in the Spring 2018 edition of Transportation Talk.
For more information about the election process, please contact:
Gene Chartier, M.A.Sc., P.Eng.
Canadian District Director and Nominating and Elections Committee Chair
Tel: 416.479.9684 x501
Eligible candidates shall abide by the following rules:
- CITE will not reimburse candidates for any expenses incurred during the campaign, including travel to and attendance at the 2018 CITE Annual Conference in Edmonton.
- During the election period, candidates may only communicate with voting members through the information that is distributed with the ballots and published on the CITE website and in Transportation Talk. Candidates shall not use social media, bulk mailing or direct advertising techniques to promote their campaign. Bulk mailing for this purpose is defined as a mailing of the same enclosure(s) to more than one person. Bulk mailing encompasses both postal and electronic mailing.
- Any current CITE Executive Committee member who is a candidate shall not take advantage of their position during the campaign.
Any breach of these rules may result in the Nominating and Elections Committee revoking the nomination of that individual for office.